COBIS - Serving British International Schools of Global Quality
Representing over 300 member organisations, COBIS is a responsive organisation, open to current and future opportunities. The association has developed markedly since its foundation, changing to meet the needs and aspirations of its growing global school membership base.
COBIS exists to serve, support and represent its member schools – their leaders, governors, staff and students by:
- Representing member schools with the British Government, educational bodies, and the corporate sector
- Providing effective professional development for senior leaders, governors, teachers and support staff
- Facilitating, coordinating and supporting professional networking opportunities for British International schools
- Processing Disclosure Barring Service checks to promote child protection and safer recruitment and employment practices
- Providing access to information about trends and developments in UK education
- Facilitating mentoring and support programmes for Heads and school leaders
- Promoting career opportunities within the global COBIS network
- Brokering a cost-effective consultancy service between schools and approved educational support service providers
COBIS hosts a range of conferences and professional development events for teachers, middle leaders, support staff throughout the year plus an annual conference in London in May for school leaders and Governors
In addition to accessing high quality training COBIS events provide excellent opportunities for colleagues to develop professional networks and contacts.
COBIS represents it's members with the British Government, educational bodies, the corporate sector and Ministries of Education worldwide. COBIS is committed to advancing the interests of British schools and British education overseas.
COBIS was founded over 30 years ago and is governed by an elected Board consisting of Headteachers and Governors from member schools worldwide. The association is a constituent member of the Independent Schools Council and operates on a not for profit basis to reflect being a UK registered company 'Limited by Guarantee'.
COBIS is led by CEO, Colin Bell and supported by the COBIS team based in London.