The Edron Learner Profile
The Edron Student profile adopts the essence of the IB learner profile. Its aim is to develop internationally minded people who, recognising their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet help to create a better and more peaceful world.
Learners will strive to be:
- Inquirers They develop their natural curiosity. They acquire the skills necessary to conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning. They actively enjoy learning and this love of learning will be sustained throughout their lives.
- Knowledgeable They explore concepts, ideas and issues that have local and global significance. In so doing, they acquire in-depth knowledge and develop understanding across a broad and balanced range of disciplines.
- Thinkers They exercise initiative in applying thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex problems, and make reasoned, ethical decisions.
- Communicators They understand and express ideas and information confidently and creatively in more than one language and in a variety of modes of communication. They work effectively and willingly in collaboration with others.
- Principled They act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness, justice and respect for the dignity of the individual, groups and communities. They take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them.
- Open-minded They understand and appreciate their own cultures and personal histories, and are open to the perspectives, values and traditions of other individuals and communities. They are accustomed to seeking and evaluating a range of points of view, and are willing to grow from the experience.
- Caring They show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. They have a personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
- Risk-takers They approach unfamiliar situations and uncertainty with courage and forethought, and have the independence of spirit to explore new roles, ideas and strategies. They are brave and articulate in defending their beliefs.
- Balanced They understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being for themselves and others.
- Reflective They give thoughtful consideration to their own learning and experience. They are able to assess and understand their strengths and limitations in order to support their learning and personal development.
Further more at the Edron Academy we also seek students to be:
- Self-confident They act on their initiative certain of having the ability and judgment needed to succeed. They show persistence in achieving their goals and are not deterred by disappointment, learning from challenging situations.
- Enthusiastic They approach tasks positively and are keen to achieve the desired outcome. They work considerately with others and can undertake various roles within a group.